Digital Product Owner
Hellocomputer is a human centred agency that connects brands with their customers. We strategise, communicate, design and develop human centred products and services that connect brands to their consumers.
We’re a full-service digital solutions agency that understands both technology and humans. Our multi-disciplinary teams allow us to tackle the most complex business problems and deliver perfectly connected brand experiences across all touch points within today’s society.
Our work combines strategic thinking, technology, design, and communications to give our clients a competitive advantage. We create stuff for brands that people love, remember and use. With a belief in simple but powerful user experiences we create the work that works.
Main purpose of role:
The Product Owner (PO) is responsible for maximising the value of the digital products and the work of the development team.
The PO will bridge the gap between client stakeholders, internal company stakeholders and the development team to understand the vision and feature requirements for the product and develop the required scrum artefacts to ensure that these are met.
- Work with key client and agency stakeholders to understand, define and document the requirements and develop a roadmap for the digital products.
- Unpack requirements into features.
- In collaboration with our technical leads author relevant project documentation (business requirements, scope of works, functional and technical specifications.)
- Create user stories and acceptance criteria for all product features.
- Maintain and prioritise the product backlog through regular grooming and estimation with appropriate stakeholders.
- Facilitate scoping, costing and timing workshops.
- Cost negotiation.
- Ensure the product backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum team will work on next.
- Work with development team members to ensure that the requirements are fully understood.
- Participate in regular Scrum/Agile ceremonies.
- Engage and educate developers on business context of features.
- Engage with the QA team to help develop detail test cases and test data in support of the acceptance testing process.
- Assist in troubleshooting application issues, document findings, and collaborate with the development team to have issues resolved.
- Coordinate feature releases; including User Acceptance Testing, documentation, training rollout sequencing and client communication.
- Collaborate work with a number of different teams to solve problems and satisfy business needs.
- Manage and oversee multiple projects and work with technical leads to determine realistic scopes and timelines.
- Review project artifacts and project progress from all departments (UX, UI, development, PM and QA) and provide input/approvals.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (BSc Comp Sci, BCom, IS, IS Diploma.)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) considered a plus.
- Project management qualification/certification considered a plus.
- Business analysis qualification/certification considered a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, with an understanding of the Product Owner is critical.
- 5+ years experience working in the software development, IT or digital marketing industry.
- Experience in a digital agency considered a plus.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal skills and a strong ability to communicate complex issues across departments and with external contacts.
- Skilled at developing User Stories/Sprint Tasks.
- Skilled at developing User Acceptance Testing, and performing UAT.
- Digital expertise and experience.
- Good understanding of SDLC.
- Experience in UX design and/or software development would be a plus but not an absolute requirement.
- Strong MS office skills.
- Experience working with digital collaboration tools (Jira and slack).
- Able to generate creative, simple solutions to complex problems.
- Passionate about problem solving and software creation.
- Highly organised.
- Detail oriented and process driven.
- Empathy towards the end users and colleagues.
- Excellent, all-round communicator.
- Analytical thinker.
- Ability to deal with pressurised and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated.
- Team-player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Good understanding of Technology and the IT environment / industry.
If you do not receive a response to your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.